So, in the past, I think I've done pretty well learning the Bible, and I can flip to just about any book/chapter/verse without getting too lost wondering if it's old/new testament, or if I need to go left or right. I understand the difference in the History books, prophecy books, gospels, epistles, etc. and I feel like that qualifies me in a group of my peers to successfully lead a Bible class.
Ok, so take Gary (me), put him in a "Bible Study Methods" class in college and let him take a self-assesment (like I did tonight) that is 50 questions long, that will give me a result of really how well I know the Bible. I might have scored a 'high' F on that one. Can any of you tell who the 2 people are that actually were taken to Heaven without dying? I couldn't. That kind of gives you an idea of what I was looking at. The instructor's instructions (heh) were that if you get stuck on any 'one' question, move on. So, when I was done in 15 minutes, my table thought I was a genius. More realistically, I didn't let myself get stuck on any 'one' question. If I didn't know the answer, then I filled in the letter that made me the happiest at that time. Thank the Lord, this wasn't for a grade, this was for a post-program assesment, that will be given again at completion of the degree program so they can monitor their effectiveness.
Ok, now that I've been cut-off at the knees, let the learning begin..... I'm yours Lord.
-Gary
Monday, February 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment