Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Quote of the day!

I seem to have a problem with interests. I find something new and cool out there, and I get 100% interested in it, and usually put a lot of resources into it. Sometimes it's money, sometimes it's time, but it is always a passionate drive. The problem is I either run out of gas when I find the 'next' thing or I just plain ol' lose interest. Some of these have been the skydiving, online games, rappelling, wade fishing, scuba diving, etc. Lately, I went to a Art & Frame store and I bought little starter kit to do pencil sketches. (Little Artsy-Fartsy, but still pretty neat). Anyhow, back to the quote of the day which came out of nowhere this morning.

I'm carpooling in with Starla and I'm telling her about how I got interested in the "Irish Whistle" last night while watching a show on channel 8. You have to know Starla. Sweet as sugar pie, and wouldn't say anything to upset a person. But it seems as though she's been secretly shaking her head at my short-lived spurts of various hobbies. So anyways, I'm going on about how much these things are after getting on the Internet and researching these things. I can get one for around $10 bucks on Ebay if I don't care about quality, but I was looking at the good stuff that are custom made for around $300. ....and then it happened.

In the middle of my story, Starla looks over at me and with a straight face, she says "Maybe you can draw yourself one...".

(long pause)

Then here it came. Starla's victory ceremony. All of the sudden she starts laughing so hard at her joke (or maybe it was the defeated look in my eyes) that she had to root around in the truck for tissue to wipe the tears. I had nothing at this point. I was completely at a loss of words, and she won violently and swiflty with that one sentence. It was so good, I had to share....

-Gary


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About time someone knocked some sense into you ya saltwater fishin, yacht wantin to buy, out of a good plane jumpin, V10 truck driving knucklehead

Love

Sparkito