Friday, December 17, 2004

Wrong Number, Pervert!

Why me? I've been good...

I've been getting calls at work for the past three days. "I'm looking for Kelly". Different people all looking for the same girl. Finally, one guy says, "I'm calling about the ad..."

Ah! Now I get it. Someone put an ad in the paper, and my number was mistakenly put in there instead. Then yesterday, I get a voicemail from Kelly (because at this point, I've quit answering the phone). Kelly apologizes for the inconvenience and informs me that they put area code 713 in the ad instead of area code 716. So I call Kelly back very early this morning rousing her from bed.

Kelly - "Hello" (Just woke up)

Me - "I'm looking for Kelly"

Kelly - (mumbles something)

Me - "Is this Kelly?"

Kelly - "This is Kelly"

Me - "This is Gary, you left me a message yesterday. Did I wake you up?"

Kelly - "No, it's ok"

Me - "I've been getting calls for your ad in the paper"

Kelly - "Oh, yeah. I'm real sorry about that. They put the wrong phone number. If people call, can you tell them the area code is 716 instead of 713?"

Me - "What kind of ad is this?"

Kelly - "Escort service"

Me - (long pause)..... well, will I get some kind of kick back for this?"

Kelly - (long pause and a confused giggle)

Me - "I'm just kidding, but now I feel like I'm a receptionist at Kiki's house of Love. You might want to make sure the paper is clear next time you go fishing for Japanese businessmen."

Kelly - (Another confused giggle)

Me - (Click)

So anyways, I'm still getting calls from these guys looking for love, but the best part is now I know why they're calling, and now I can screw with their heads. The last call I got, I convinced the guy that I was Kelly's husband and I didn't appreciate him trying to 'get with' my wife.

BWAH!

-Gary


*******Update*******

This last guy that called, I said "Yeah, this is Kelly" without disguising my voice. The guy asked me how tall I was, and how much a session was. Holy crap, it just got turned around on me. I asked him "So you like guys?", and the guy answers......

"Yeah, I like transexuals."

That will teach me to mess with them.

-Gary

No comments: