Kira: What about?
Danny McGuire: I haven't had a club opening since... 1945. Wow.
Kira: Then just pretend it's 1945 all over again.
Danny McGuire: [looks fondly at Kira] I don't have to pretend. It *is* 1945 all over again.

So I'm sitting up tonight thinking about 1980. I can remember that New Years. I was in bed before midnight, but my Uncle Joe and Aunt Betty were at our house in Arkoma. I heard my Uncle Joe in the living room say something about a new 'decade'. That's the first time I can remember the use of that word. That was 25 years ago. (...for those who suck at math).
The quote above came from the movie 'Xanadu' that was released that same year. By the way, Danny McGuire was played by Gene Kelly. I think that was his last movie. The actor that started a distinguished movie career in the 40's that included movies like 'Singin In the Rain' and 'Les Girls', wrapped up his career with a gay disco version of Fantasy Island. How nice.
I just had a vision of Hervé Villechaize on roller skates trying to look up Olivia Newton-John's poodle skirt and singing 'You're the one that I want! Oooh Oooh Oooh.'
I'm beginning to understand why my dreams are so flamboyant.
-Gary

1 comment:
Flamboyant? Or just Gay? Step out of the closet you hairy bear! (hell, you can move to Canada and get married with another hairy biker type if you want)
Post a Comment