
It's peculiar what happens to the body when you're sick. You starve yourself because of the major loss of appetite, which deprives you of nourishment, which makes you feel worse, which makes it that much harder to eat. That happened to me last week. A diet consisted of half-eaten can's of soup and the occasional Ritz cracker.
That's right, I said 'Cracker', Cracka!
The achiness started to go away on Friday, and so did the loss of appetite. It was kind of like the dam breaking and it all came to a head with a trip to Fajita Jack's. Everthing was the same until I started to put salt on the chips. I started chain-eating chips/salsa and ordered a plate of fajita nachos. Beef, not chicken. As I sat there trying to feed the starvation, I realized, "Heck, I feel better". Now I asked myself, "Are these magical nachos?" Maybe the cheese was a bit moldy and I had my share of penicillin. Maybe the salt that I put on the chips went into my system and got in the eyes of all the little germs that made me feel bad confusing them and made them kill each other. (..a stretch, I know) It didn't take me long to realize that eating 'crap' doesn't make someone feel better. Just maybe it was the simple fact of having a good day after a few bad ones. Seeing the sun, getting outside and talking to a friend.
-Gary

No comments:
Post a Comment