Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Marilyn Grey

Marilyn Grey is a key note speaker who's accreditations include being a school psychologist for 29 years. She's quoted as saying "Keep a diary or daily 'win' book to record your aspirations and accomplishments. If your life is worth living, it's worth recording.

I have to say, that's a big reason I started this blog. Another reason would be, I love regurgitating thoughts into words. Another would be "I like being the center of attention", and you are my audience. (Is that wrong?) It also plays a small part in accountability. I'm finding that being a bit 'real' in my thoughts keeps me a step closer to honesty. Of course, it helps that I'm no 'evil-doer. It's not like I go around killing puppies, but I do like to explore my motivations a bit, and writing about them gives me a chance to slow down the process and meditate on who this guy is living in my head. Luckily, there's only one set of voices going on in there so far.

Anyhow, back to Marilyn's quote. I had a 'win' recently, and I just wanted to throw this out there. Feel free to hit the comments button below and let me know if y'all think I'm a wingnut or not.

I have 'discovered' the secret to feeling better, losing weight, and clarity of thought. It's a miracle cure! I take it everyday, and for the last couple weeks, I have realized major changes in the way I think, feel and act. I'm sure if I keep this up and make this a life change, I will live longer, healthier, and happier. Not only that, but it doesn't even need FDA approval. So I was thinking of taking this to the 'late night informercial' forum and making millions of it, but when I put it on paper, it just doesn't seem like the sort of thing that consumers would be happy paying me money for. Mainly, because this miracle medicine is just short of 'free' already. So why don't I just tell you now.

'Drink Water'. ....um.... did he say...? Yeah, I said it.... Drink water. You might say, "No S**t, Gary", but geez, watch the people around you and see how many people are not willing to put down the 'sodas' to take in some water. I don't get it. It's the absolute number one aid to dieting, it's great for skin, and it's free of sugar, calories and carbs. (Atkins freindly). I did this when I decided I needed to get rid of some of this Dr. Pepper that's been flowing thru my body for the last 20 years. People advised that I should drink Diet DP, stating that I would have to just do it for a couple weeks to get used to the taste. WHAT? Why would I go thru that, when I already know that water would be much easier to get used to. ....and I was right. I bought one of those Brita water pitchers that I keep full in my fridge. I'm actually craving water these days. Those filters do very well. So there's my challenge to all of you. ....and I only feel comfortable giving that challenge out because most of the people I know who read this, are people I care about. Join me in feeling better.

-Gary

No comments: