Monday, October 10, 2005

Contractors Love Me!

So approaching the end of the summer, and looking back at the occasional 'gathering' I hosted at the lake house, I found that I had an abundance of beer left over. It so happens I bought none of it. This was all beer that other people showed up with, and after drinking a couple, left that evening without taking the leftovers. So I've got beer in my kitchen fridge, beer in the downstairs fridge in the hall closet, and I even had a box of assorted bottles sitting outside in the hot summer heat for a few weeks.

Well, I found a way to handle all that old beer left over. Just get some construction workers over to do some work, and magically, they will be more than happy to carry all that old, skunky beer away for you. For some reason, I don't think it made it to the dumpster or landfill. They sure were more than eager to help. Now, I'm not a mean guy, I explained to them clearly in my best Mexican accent that this beer has been outside and hot for awhile. (Cerveza es muy skunko. No Frio. No Refundones). After they sort of stared at me for a second, they understood that the beer was indeed under their charge, and cheerfully carted it away for what I'm sure turned into an all night fiesta of madness. (Fiesta De La Loco). <- I made that up.

The funny part, is that before the beer, I was told that one guy would return the next day to finish the drywall and painting. ...and magically, all 3 guys showed up, finished in 2 hours, and when they finished, started lingering around my downstairs fridge as to say "Amigo! Can we hep ju git rid of mas cerveza?"

So ends that day with new drywall, baseboards and paint done with pure love for the mean ol' gringo that also made them haul away all that old stinky beer. I'm sure they hate me for it.

-Gary

No comments: