
Last night, I took the kids to the Fort Bend Symphony Orchestra to watch our friend, Anastasia, who plays in the Violin section. My kids were exceptionally good during the show. Most of you know, my daughter plays the violin, and she was glued to Anastasia's hands while she played. The boy asked her how she moved her fingers so fast. They played a couple 'Star Wars' theme songs, and the last one was the main theme. The conductor actually put his little wand away and picked up a toy light saber that you can pick up at the nearest Wal-Mart. During the song, a portly fella in a Darth Vador costume came down the isle with his light saber and the conductor took him out with what can only be described as a 'Clumsy Dance of Plastic Battle', but pretty funny.

After the show, we went to Carrabba's and had us some late dinner, and then the long drive to Conroe. My kids crashed in the car, and we made it to the casa about 12:45 this morning. How bad am I to keep my kids up partying all night? But we had fun, and now I can say "Hey, I've seen a chubby Darth Vador get his butt kicked by a guy who's talent is keeping good tempo." I guess that's important in sword fighting.
-Gary

1 comment:
Great blog! I'll be checking back.
Post a Comment