I come home each day and do, basically, zip. I might eat some dinner, maybe sit at the computer, maybe some housework, go to bed. I think it's the long commute and getting home later that's keeping me from planning anything in the evenings. I'm always 'brain dead' from the office, and just want to flush that day and move on to the next. However, on Wednesday's and Friday's, I work from home, so what's my excuse there? ..Don't have one, so here's what I'm gonna do.
Monday is Monday, so I'm just gonna bully myself on that day to hit the gym when I get back to the neighborhood. We have a really nice Fitness Center at the Country Club. (I sound uppity there, don't I?) Then on Wednesday's and Friday's, since I'm already home, I'm gonna hit it at lunchtime, too. But I won't drive over (about 2 miles), I'll ride my bike.
On Tuesday's and Thursday's, I'm in Houston, so I think I'll start planning some after work stuff. The occasional Happy Hour. I'm not a drinker, but I am one heckuva social bug, so let the fun begin. Maybe force my friends to get out. Some ballgames. Possibly the occasional early day from work and go play golf. On weekends, I either have my kids or I don't. Either way, I think it's lake time. In the water, or on top of it. Eating out. Seeing shows. Sunday will be church and housework. (Maybe get someone to clean the house for me. Yes, I'm that pathetic).
Ok, now I've put this on my website... I'm committed. It's not the kind of 'committed' you all thought would happen to me, but still...
-Gary
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment