Friday, October 07, 2005

Math Genius

When I first wake up in the morning, I seem to be at both my smartest, and my dumbest points of the day. It's weird how many times my alarm has gone off and I answered my phone. Or the phone wakes me up, and I answered a book or empty glass. However, stupid the act may be, when it comes to getting up do be somewhere, I have this amazing talent (as we all do) to equate complex math problems.

My snooze is 9 minutes. The math comes in that exact moment when you decide whether to hit snooze again, or 'off'. In that split second between when the alarm starts blasting in your ear, and the time your hand gets to it, we can already figure in what parts of our morning we can sacrifice, how long they take, and add them all up to determine how many snoozes we can get away with. Right now, I'm sitting here and couldn't tell you how I figure it, but I sure can get it down to fractions when it happens. Usually involves not shaving, not ironing, drive-thru breakfast (or machine if I want one more snooze), and I can even adjust my speed limit on the drive in. All those things factor in that small amount of time.

So, in short, if you ever have a calculus question you need me to answer, call me about 6AM, however, if I don't answer the first time, call again because I've most likely answered my shoe the first time.

-Gary

No comments: